Were on a mission to help people Eat More Plants, and we need your expertise!
Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014: Today, we are leading the charge for people to adopt a plant-based lifestyle in their homes and on-the-go. Purple Carrots irresistible, globally-inspired recipes, fresh ingredients, and meals are available in the U.S. and Japan. Were a team of dedicated and passionate people who are motivated to change the world for the better and have fun doing it. Heres what youre up for!
Purple Carrot is on a mission to cultivate the plant based revolution, one meal at a time. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. As an integral part of a Product department, you will join forces with the Director of Product (to whom you will also report) and the Growth Product Manager (to whom you will manage) in our continued effort to help people eat more plants!
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about solving problems for customers and continuously improving products. This position will play an important role in shaping the Purple Carrot customer experience and driving the home delivery product forward. As a Product Manager, you will be focused on owning the software development backlog and continuously delivering new features to customers
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Purple Carrot HQ is in Needham, MA and prefers local candidates - hybrid and remote models will be considered in states where we are established as an employer (MA, NJ; NY; OH; PA; SC; VA).
- East coast working hours are critical.
- This role has limited travel (<10%) to partner sites or other business related meetings
On the Plate
- Envision, articulate and size new product enhancements designed to achieve a remarkable experience for users
- Validate opportunities through research, data analysis, A/B testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools.
- Own the product development process from inception through launch and iteration cycles.Manage product backlog. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Collaborate across teams. Play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and business stakeholders across the company including marketing, operations, and customer experience. A collaborative approach is essential to the job.
- Develop deep business understanding to enable strategic, proactive approach to product opportunities - Ensure product opportunities are valuable to customers, viable for the business, easy to use, and technically feasible
- Establish strong balance between discovering new product opportunities and delivering world-class product experiences
- Write clear and concise user stories and requirements, prioritizing development items to align with the product roadmap
- Monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products
Main Ingredients for the Role
- 3-5 years of experience owning a product backlog in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Extra Special Sauce
- Evaluating and overseeing the implementation/integration of third party software vendors
- Experience working with a remote (no-colocated) development team
- Experience working in eCommerce or other industry with a software and physical product component, ideally start up scaling experience
- Passionate about identifying and developing foundational tools for strategic business functions to enable growth and scale
- Proven ability to drive and own outcomes - results-oriented
- Three years of experience as a Product Manager preferred
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (professional development, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, credit toward free Purple Carrot boxes, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with co-workers who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrots top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. Due to COVID, the majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we have extensive precautions in place, following the CDC, WHO, and state guidelines.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.