Full-time, Boston, MA or Remote (US - East Coast)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is an international start-up thats growing fast. We love what we do, were proud of how we do it, and weve teamed up to create a truly exceptional product and company. BlueConic is a leader in the white-hot customer data platform space and its our job to make sure every marketer gets in on the fun. Are you the type of product manager that wants to set the bar for achievement at a fast-growing start-up in one of the hottest SaaS markets? Does getting in on the ground floor and helping drive the companys early success get you excited? Are you motivated by playing a critical role in building the future of the company?
Weve got a job for you.
Were looking for the next rock start to join the BlueCrew and we need a motivated Product Manager who will be responsible for our product and its implementation from start to finish. Together with members of the management team and the product owners of our scrum teams, you will manage the roadmap and backlog and collaborate with all stakeholders customers, prospects, analysts, and partners to deeply understand our target market and buyers needs. You are responsible for all aspects of the product roadmap.
You will work on a daily basis with BlueConics highly experienced development team. The incredible success of our software product is largely due to the vision and the implementation of the technology, as well as its timeliness to market. Youre a fit if you are passionate about marketing, architecture, and technology. You are patient and exceptionally smart, have an eye for details, disciplined and are a great communicator. A sense of humor and an enthusiasm for participating in discussions about random things on Slack are also a must.
- Help define, manage, and execute the product roadmap by executing the day-to-day management, planning, and backlog of a selected group of end-to-end features and capabilities.
- Coordinate the priority of backlog and roadmap items, future capabilities, and updates.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and UX engineers to scope and translate roadmap items into user stories and detailed product feature specifications to hand over to the development teams.
- Own the predictability of roadmap delivery, including, as needed, managing conflict resolution between teams and leadership, as well as recommending opportunities to improve the responsiveness, accuracy, and effectiveness of the teams.
- Collect and synthesize relevant information for the roadmap including interacting with customers, prospects, partners to explain the roadmap and gather feedback and input for future capabilities; staying on top of competitor and market trends; and collaborating with internal stakeholders (e.g. marketing, sales, and customer success) to get their input on the roadmap.
- Act as the translator between Product and the rest of the business by working together with product and company leadership to translate our vision to the best CDP in the market; serving as a resource to teams about the company and product vision; and articulating business objectives to guide requirements and design of new features and capabilities
- Work closely with go-to-market teams, product, and company leadership to document, prepare, coordinate, and communicate the releases of new features and capabilities both functionally as well as non-functionally, as well as resent and communicate the product vision and roadmap externally in whole or in part as required for prospects, customers, analysts, etc.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- A background in computer science and a technical bachelors degree is strongly preferred
- Technical proficiency with marketing technology, advertising technology, and/or customer analytics
- 3-5 years of experience as an Enterprise SaaS software product manager or product owner
Hands-on experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Superlative communication skills, especially with global, diverse teams, in writing, in virtual meetings, in doc
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are eager to drive the creation the best marketing technology product in the world
- Are a strong team player with a can do attitude
- Are passionate, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
- Are equally fascinated with all things technical and by software design
- Are located in the Netherlands or on the East coast, and are able to safely travel ~25% of the time
- Understand these pages in 1 reading:
- Are deeply intrigued by this page: https://support.blueconic.com/hc/en-us/articles/202528082-BlueConic-REST-API
- Nod your head all the time when reading https://www.khoslaventures.com/wp-content/uploads/Good_Product_Manager_Bad_Product_Manager_KV.pdf
- Have a mind for asking questions and synthesizing information that drives results
- Dont ever think good enough is good enough
- Do enjoy going into the nitty gritty details if necessary, but still see the big picture
- See patience as a virtue
Reasons to join us:
- Be part of a dynamic and professional, very seasoned team (most of the engineering team has more than 10 years of experience)
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career progression
- You want to work with the very latest tools and tech
- Help build the best marketing technology product there is
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply (google it)
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions. Our mission is to make on out-sized impact, every day for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.