Office Tour Photos
WHAT YOU'LL DO
BCG Omnia is a new and exciting venture into software and the next generation of consulting. As we undergo this transformational effort, there is a need to expand our services and offerings to drive and deliver impact with our clients. BCG Omnia will be undertaking a variety of projects, initiatives, and working teams in order to effectively roll out new business models and create new advanced analytics offerings, while maintaining baseline service levels for existing offerings.
A BCG Product Manager is someone who will work with senior leadership in various business groups to help drive capabilities and support increased commercialization of BCG proprietary data and software assets. This person will work hand-in-hand with technical and commercial teams from the initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, and ongoing support operations. We want someone with an entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated experience leading enterprise or large scale product efforts across product strategy, marketing, finance, engineering, support, and executive stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to jump into a unique position at a world class firm
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Technical Requirements Gathering:
- Work closely with Practice Area (PA) teams, Partners and Principals to develop a product business case according to set standards
- Gather technical requirements from internal product teams
- Make recommendations for operating models based on use cases, the competitive landscape, and technology trends
- Prioritize requirements and align teams around a product or large-scale release through primary user research and workshops.
- Capture internal product team feedback through multiple channels and methods to inform multi-year product roadmaps
- Collaborate with the product sponsors and third-party vendors to find best solutions that can be delivered in time and cost sensitive manner
Product Marketing and Communications:
- Evangelize and build awareness of the product internally and externally in the context of BCG events, virtual trainings, webinars, publications, and client proposals
- Provide input, trainings, and support cross-functional initiatives (e.g., product marketing and sales, technical field enablement, support, etc.)
Product Development Technical Leadership:
- Collaborate with the product sponsor and engineering team members on requirements, scope definition, and statement of work
- Evaluate new technology and systems to fulfill business needs, make build/buy trade-offs, etc.
- Instruct and direct the development team on functional and technical requirements, formulating, and defining system scope, integration requirements, and objectives
- Vendor management for development and marketing of products
- Manage stakeholders' expectations while building credibility with senior stakeholders through a strong business sense
Ongoing Delivery and Support Management:
- Develop and implement product launch plans from rollout to technical and nontechnical service delivery teams
- Own quality and ongoing management of product support materials – e.g. technical "how-to's", digital properties, marketing content, etc.
- Train service desk, client service teams and/or knowledge team owners as appropriate
- Prioritize ideas and opportunities to enhance products and maintain product roadmaps/investment cases
- Expand reach and effectiveness of existing products including making recommendations for new execution and support models as well as technological improvements
- Strong expertise in use of cloud technologies (infrastructure, data etc.) preferred
- Keen understanding and experience of product development and launch process using agile methodology
- The ability to adapt communication style to multiple stakeholders and cultures
- Entrepreneurial drive and working at a fast pace
- The ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Conversant with relevant technologies combined with an awareness of technology trends and their potential influence
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills, able to work well with range of people
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Undergraduate degree with high academic achievement required, advanced degree preferred
- 5-7+ years of relevant product management experience; product management or business development for an enterprise software or subscription-based data product business highly desired
- Educational degree or direct work experience in analytics and analytical modelling preferred
- Experience in pricing strategy software development or deployment highly desirable
- Consulting or other professional service experience preferred
- Some travel may be required (less than 25%)
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our product managers work with software developers, firm leadership, program managers, and technical architects.
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world. BCG Omnia works with Boston Consulting Group’s practice areas—specific industries and capabilities—in order to transform the firm’s unique intellectual property into professional, scalable products to support our client service efforts. BCG Omnia employs leading-edge technologies and specialized experts in product design and development, visualization, benchmarking, and custom analysis to provide world-class solutions.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
More Jobs From