The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the worlds largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
You will work 1:1 with a Product Manager and be embedded in our Monitor: Observability group as a Senior Product Designer at GitLab. The Monitor: Observability group at GitLab is responsible for building tools that enable DevOps teams to respond to, triage and remediate errors and IT alerts for the systems and applications they maintain.
We announced the acquisition of Opstrace in December 2021. The Observability group is working on making observability an integrated experience within GitLab as part of the initial product integration between Opstrace and GitLab.
- You'll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, other Product Designers, and Engineers to iterate on new features and user journeys in GitLab.
- You'll develop a UX vision for the categories within Observability and deliver upon this vision iteratively.
- You'll utilize wireframes, prototypes, sketches, user flows, mockups, hi-fidelity visual designs, and any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas.
- You'll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to achieve their goals.
- You'll partner with UX Researchers & PMs on problem validation studies to understand the problem space you're operating within.
- You'll leverage solution validation studies to validate your solutions and proposed directions.
- You'll gather user needs through user interviews or contextual inquiries and will convert those into user requirements.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Product Designer workflow by reading our handbook.
- You want to help shape the direction of our Observability group and contribute to the designs that deliver on that vision.
- You love diving into complex problems and are excited by the prospect of operating as a Product Designer in an ambiguous problem space.
- You understand frontend code or the limitations of frontend technology. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills, your experience with Git, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you've worked with previously.
- You enjoy getting involved in discovery research and solution validation, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You're able to showcase work that shows us your ability to create the deliverables required for this role. For example, Data Visualizations, JTBD, competitive evaluations, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, design vision, and so on.
- You're able to effectively collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Engineering partners.
- The idea of playing a part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity, Iteration, and Transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
The culture at GitLab is something we're incredibly proud of. You'll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the world.
Some of the benefits you'll be entitled to vary by the region or country you're in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don't count the number of days you take off annually.
You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We'll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and, every year or so, we'll invite you to our Contribute event.
The hiring process for this Senior Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process can be found at the bottom of our job family page. Our compensation calculator will be shared with candidates selected for a screening call.
The base salary range for this roles listed level is currently $113,400 - $199,300 for Colorado residents and $95,000 - $232,000 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLabs policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLabs EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.