Our User Generated Content team is looking for a product designer to shape the future of Wayfair customer content, including recommendations, product reviews, and user-uploaded product imagery.
Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
What Youll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly impactful workstream that looks to provide the confidence to buy to millions of shoppers on Wayfair. You will design extensible experiences that customers will use to write, upload, and browse product reviews and imagery. In addition, this role will also help shape the future of user content on the site, pushing into brand new experiences to Wayfair.
As a Product Designer at Wayfair, you love data and turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content designers, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work
- Deliver compelling presentations, build strong relationships with your peers and stakeholders, share knowledge, and provide feedback on projects and roadmaps.
- Use your critical thinking skills, and prioritize work that drives long-term value. You will execute with urgency, learn from failure, and nimbly pivot. The outcomes of your efforts are impactful, measurable results
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 3+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- A strong understanding of ecommerce best practices. Previous ecommerce experience is a plus.
- The ability to think at a system level, designing solutions that are extensible beyond a single use
- Communication and interpersonal skills: ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs respectfully
- Are proficient in industry standard tools in design and collaboration tools like Figma and Miro
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- The ability to design and execute usability tests and other user research activities.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of writing UX copy.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
This is an hybrid position based in either:
- Boston, MA
- Toronto, Canada
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].