Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Digital Ordering team is responsible for a diverse range of products, all with the united goal of helping restaurants represent the best of their hospitality, digitally. The core mission is to create experiences and tools that help Restaurants not only meet their guests where they are but to deepen the connection with every interaction.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that Do right by the customer. We seek a teammate dedicated to our mission through consumer facing and visually delightful designs adapted for both native mobile and web; connecting our restaurant customers to the tools that help them do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive web and native mobile platforms, delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to understand users, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years experience with demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: native mobile, responsive mobile, and web
- Strong experience withand journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction when appropriate and moments of delight across the journey
- Experience executing high-fidelity design work with an eye for detail
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with/knowledge of consumer facing digital products
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees. Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals. At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.