Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in the UK, Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
- Youre detail-oriented, paying attention to the tiniest details of all your designs.
- You design for scale, building components that can expand as product usage grows and mentoring those around you to make good design choices.
- You push what can be built, understanding emerging web UI patterns and implementation technologies. Ideally, youre willing to dive in and make code changes yourself where necessary.
- You value impact over output, measuring success not by how many concepts are in Figma, but the quality of what ships to the customer.
What skills do I need?
- Strong visual and graphic design skills
- Strong eye for and ability to execute on fundamental design principles, including color, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, and illustration.
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools (we use Figma).
- Deep understanding of interaction design best practices, device and platform conventions, and accessibility standards.
- Ability to document and communicate pixel-perfect designs, with enthusiasm for clear file structures, naming conventions, and organized layers
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React (bonus points if you can code).
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, demonstrating attention to detail and craftsmanship as well as ability to think critically about impact, scope, and tradeoffs in design decisions.
- Define, deliver, and evolve a systemic visual language that supports consistency across all product touch points, from the app builder to edge devices and beyond.
- Deliver iterative, scalable solutions that account for localization, accessibility, and technical constraints.
- Create and communicate pixel-perfect components, guidelines and mockups that elevate the Tulip brand and enhance product experience.
- Assess consistency and coherence across our design system while identifying areas for improvements.
- Use data and research to inform design decisions.
- Be a champion of design quality and enable others through tool building, education and mentorship.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and PMs to build, ship, and learn quickly.
- Product Design
Working At Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.