BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. Our hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. We put the restaurant first and offer tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 7,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Gramercy Tavern, and Eleven Madison Park. The CEO of Bentobox, Krystle Mobayeni, was a designer most of her career, and is dedicated to bringing the highest-quality design to our product offerings.
Were looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing product team. This Product Designer will ensure both restaurant operators and restaurant guests have an exceptional experience when interacting with BentoBox products. This individual will work to enhance the user experience of our website admin system which covers the core CMS, online food ordering, events management, catering store, third-party integrations, and more.
- Solve user and business problems by designing flows and interfaces that are simple, effective, and elegant
- Design from concept to hand-off, knowing when to make low-fi sketches and when to make pixel-perfect prototypes
- Utilize our existing design patterns while exploring improvements to our design system
- Inform design solutions by conducting competitive analysis, reviewing analytics, interviewing users and running user tests
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and internal stakeholders to find effective but practical solutions to design problems
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Present concepts to leadership, justifying your choices with rationale and research
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, and principles
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of product design experience (startup and SaaS experience is a plus)
- Fluency in contemporary design tools (we use Figma)
- Passion for end-to-end product design. You know how to craft experiences that feel good, look good, and address user needs
- Solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles (particularly visual hierarchies)
- Experience designing for the web and familiarity with new and upcoming best practices
- Empathy for users, understanding their pain points and advocating for their needs
- Desire to dig into data to help inform design iterations
- Ability to think strategically, working to balance user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints
- A positive, proactive approach to your work
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Interface animations skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry
To be considered for this role, please submit a link to a portfolio.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.