We are looking for an experienced Product Design Lead to work in our Supplier Experience workstream. We are in the early days of capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity, and you will be joining us in the foundational stages of our journey. Your work will impact thousands of suppliers, and in turn, millions of customers.
Wayfair is the leading online retailer for furniture & decor. We rely on our suppliers to deliver our core business proposition: delivering great products to our customers quickly and reliably. Partner Home is Wayfairs supplier-facing ecosystem that enables our 12,000+ supplier-partners to deliver on that promise. It provides suppliers with all tools to run their business on Wayfair from a commercial and operational perspective: Creating a catalog, managing product inventory, setting up promotions, fulfilling customer orders, getting performance reporting, and many more. We have hundreds of designers and engineers in Boston and Berlin building applications and user journeys contributing to this mission.
The Supplier Experience team, based in Berlin, is responsible for building our next-generation supplier experience. We offer a Design System together with enterprise components and frameworks for creating supplier facing applications to our design and engineering teams. The platform we provide accelerates Wayfairs teams while enabling a best-in-class user experience for our suppliers. We have big aspirations for more advanced, differentiated services that will help our suppliers onboard, manage, grow, and optimize their e-commerce performance.
In the role of Product Design Lead, you will be accountable for the design of our supplier platform offerings: You contribute to discovering new platform solutions together with your team that helps hit our outcomes around improved user experience, efficiency, and scalability. You partner with internal product, research, content strategy, and engineering teams to understand our supplier problems, needs, and end-to-end use cases to contribute to design a user-centric platform. Success in this role means designing solutions that will get broadly adopted across the supplier-facing ecosystem because using them ensures UX consistency and is the fastest way to deliver impact.
What youll do
- Design for a B2B platform focusing on Scalability and Reusability while contributing to the growth of our new Design System.
- Align with multiple teams to create cross-functional and user-centric design solutions
- Lead the creation of documentation for the Design Outcomes of your team
- Coordinate, contribute, and or conduct research efforts (quantitative and qualitative) to unveil new design approaches or iterate existing ones.
- Collaborate with Product teams influencing the roadmap from the design perspective as well as with Engineering teams by ensuring that the design proposals are achievable within our technology standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of our B2B platform, its offerings, and use cases by advocating Design Thinking to identify the right problems to solve and turn them into opportunities.
- Contribute to the improvement of our cross-team collaboration Design processes, advocating best practices and innovative solutions between Product, Design, and Engineering teams embracing Agile methodologies.
What youll need
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your advocacy for user-centric and data-driven design and dedicated attention to detail.
- Expertise in understanding product and business requirements and producing design deliverables: comprehensive site maps, user flows/task flows, user journey maps, page flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction documentation recommendations, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern design processes and tools (Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Figma, UXPin, and Creative Suite).
- Be knowledgeable about the different research techniques to apply them at the right moment of the product life cycle.
- Solid communication skills focused on collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
- Self-driven and independent
- Have an inclusive and adaptable working style that ensures efficiency in a multicultural work environment.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.