Jellyfish is on a mission to make engineering leaders lives better by elevating the practice of engineering management. With the help of our customers, we at Jellyfish have built the worlds leading Engineering Management Platform, providing visibility into engineering organizations, the work they do, and how they operate. By analyzing engineering signals and contextual business data, Jellyfish enables leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and deliver the right software, efficiently, on time.
As a Product Design Lead at Jellyfish, you will be a hands-on leader and contributor. Youll manage a team of generalist product designers, each of whom own a set of customer outcomes that roll up to our overall strategy. Youll be responsible for helping shape core practices alongside our partners in Engineering and Product Management, and youll provide individual mentorship to reinforce and strengthen those practices. This is a hands-on leadership role where your good example of the craft of product design will be key. Youll be expected to do some product design work as needed and/or desired.
How youll make a difference:
- Manage and mentor a group of designers in their practice, prioritization, strategy, and career growth
- Help hire and retain amazing designers and continuously shape team growth and culture
- Contribute to product strategy and decision-making by identifying and advocating for important aspects of user experience across the platform
- Continuously find ways to help democratize the idea of good design and help enable everyone to make better design decisions
- Collaborate directly with partners across Engineering and Product Management to build solid working patterns that lead to better customer outcomes
- Help guide individual designers to be more deliberate, practical, collaborative, and confident in their decision-making
- Work to build more consistent practice around team-wide customer empathy by participating in and leading research and testing
- Early-to-growth stage, industry experience working as a B2B designer and leader in a continuous learning and delivery environment preferably in the SaaS space
- Excellent communication skills youre able to articulate your design process, your decisions, the value of your solutions, and the constraints around them
- A non-dogmatic approach to the craft of product design youre able to apply design thinking to the practice as if it were a product itself
- Experience building practice around customer research and synthesis that helps inform design decisions
- Experience understanding and measuring successful outcomes
- A strong portfolio or equivalent demonstration of the above (we know NDA work is hard to show off publicly)
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.