Product Content Manager
When you shop online, can you instantly tell a good site from a bad one? Can you identify what product information and imagery would make the shopping experience easier at Wayfair? If you are interested in helping power a best-in-class customer experience across our global catalog, then we want to talk to you.
Wayfair is looking for a Product Content Manager to help build up our product and assortment expertise. In this role you will own a category within our 10M+ product catalog and lead a team responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of the products characteristics, using a combination of product-focused research and supplier interactions. You will lead a strategy that balances getting our customers the right information to confidently purchase, progressing Wayfairs business objectives, and making it easy for suppliers to add and maintain products. You will be a critical cross-functional partner, working together to develop and implement scalable improvements to how we define and capture product information at Wayfair.
This is a unique role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Manage, coach and develop a team
- Serve as the product expert for all products within you category
- Develop a category strategy and roadmap that gets customers complete and accurate product information, aligns with and progresses Wayfairs business objectives, and improves the supplier experience of adding to and maintaining their product catalog
- Analyze data and conduct competitive research to identify opportunities to improve merchandising product content
- Influence the development of new and innovative ways to structure data we collect from our suppliers about our products
- Define, scope, and execute short-term project plans to achieve Wayfair objectives
- Challenge the status quo and always be on the lookout for ways to streamline and improve the efficiency of existing processes while effectively managing multiple stakeholders
- Partner across Category Management, Merchandising Operations, and our suppliers to drive collaborative projects to completion, deepen product expertise, and garner insights on the latest trends in your product categories
- Communicate findings and results with senior partners throughout Wayfair, acting as a member of the broader single threaded team and act as an advocate for the merchandising platform
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience, E-commerce experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple functions throughout Wayfair
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.