Office Tour Photos
External Job Title: Senior Manager Product Analytics
Internal Job Title:
Job Profile Code: 102166
Cohort: Senior Manager
IC or People Manager: People Manager
Role this Reports to (role/cohort of their reporting Manager): Varies
Number of fulltime-equivalent direct reports: 3-5
Commission Eligible: No
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Full Time Location of Role: Varies
This role is responsible for supporting Product Management with all adhoc data access and analytics questions, as well as with ongoing performance management of KPIs. Serves as consultant on open-ended data questions that works collaboratively with and influences teams. Identifies opportunities for efficiency, effectiveness and new capability; independently charts course to execute. Spans several product zones, consulting on specific complex issues and recognizing opportunities for new infrastructure. Responsible for technical expertise in data analysis and metric definition in order to make recommendations that drive meaningful business outcomes. Manages a team of 3-5 Product Analytics Managers and Associates.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
30% Track the overall success of product initiatives
- Drives the measurement of success for each product across customers including perceptual metrics, scorecard metrics, adoption and utilization
- Drives partnerships with the Product Manager to determine the measures of success and guide good usage of outcome driven metrics
- Sets direction on how to pull user, transaction, and other data from complex systems in order to format into reports for the Product Managers
- Synthesize results from experiments into data for the Product Managers to interpret success or failure
- Provides guidance on data mining and analysis to drive product strategy and development
30% Monitor the overall health of products to provide information to Product Teams
- Establishes KPIs, oversees visual creation (e.g. dashboard, report card, etc) to keep Product teams informed and aware of overall health of the product
- Establishes the standardization of success metrics across products
- Sets direction on plan to drive improvement of scorecard metrics, including defining metric levers, cross-functional working groups, and initiative tracker
- Develops and manage strong, collaborative relationships with product owners, client organization team members, and other stakeholders, as needed to drive results
40% Team Management
- Defines roles and responsibilities of direct reports
- Sets and monitors annual performance goals & objectives, including responsibility for performance appraisals
- Responsible for development of direct reports, by identifying training needs and providing training and/or development opportunities
- Recommends or initiates personnel action
- Termination/disciplinary authority of direct reports
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelors Degree required; Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in quantitative disciples like Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or Mathematics preferred
- 10 years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 5-7 years of data analytics or data science
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Strong understanding of database technologies and ability to write code to gather data
- Ability to effectively create reports and synthesize data into digestible and actionable information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong track record of influencing across a range of audiences, both internal and external audiences, and across a range of cohort
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to synthesize complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve business problems.
- Ability to drive inter-team collaboration in order to achieve business results.
- Ability to analyze a variety of information in order to drive strategic product development and client performance.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of tools, techniques, and processes to gather and report data.
- Ability to collect, combine, and analyze complex qualitative and quantitative information from different sources and formats and distill into manageable, actionable and shareable outputs.
- Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others. Seeking feedback to understand different perspectives. Modifying point of view accordingly
More Jobs From