6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
We are searching for someone to join our growing Data Insights team. The team works with the product and engineering to identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end 6RS warehouse automation system. We are looking for an inquisitive and creative analyst who will use both data analysis and on-the-ground observations to provide insights into the behavior of the robots and the usage of our system. This person will be responsible for identifying opportunities for growth in our system as well as making sure that new features and products are having a positive impact for our customers. Candidates should be comfortable using visualizations to extract useful observations from large data sets and presenting the findings to internal and external teams.
In a "typical" day you could interface with customers to identify performance improvement opportunities which might involve traveling to a customer site. You may work closely with engineering to validate the opportunities; leveraging the data the system is continuously collecting. Finally you will work with product management on getting the more promising features on the road map for development and testing back at customer sites. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative and encourages innovation and creativity. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company. This role reports to the Product Insights Lead, which is an integral part of our fast growing Product Management team.
- Identify opportunities using data to accelerate product growth and adoption
- Develop dashboards and KPIs that validate the success of existing products
- Work with product management to identify and prioritize new features and products by quantifying their impact
- Build data models, dashboards and tools that allow for less technical teams and users as well as customers to analyze system data
- Collaborate with software and data engineers to ensure that the our team has access to the necessary data in order to deliver valuable insights
- Develop processes and documentation around best practices that encourage data driven decision making throughout the 6RS organization.
- Collaborate with product management, engineers, and customer success as well other data team members such as data engineers and data scientists.
- Creatively utilize large data sets to analyze complex and ambiguous problems and identify diagnostic, predictive or prescriptive data projects.
- 1+ years of work experience
- Undergraduate degree in technical discipline (Engineering, Statistics, Data, Math)
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and data visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with fluid priorities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience owning projects from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Skilled at answering technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Product or Data Analytics experience a plus
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.