Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join our Operations Team and lead our purchasing team as a hands-on player & coach.
- Develop and train purchasing team to meet all business requirements, including MRO, production, and new product introduction
- Build and implement scalable processes and procedures for demand planning & procurement of material to support R&D and revenue programs
- Develop and implement key reporting metrics to generate benchmark data and monitor performance over time
- Lead demand planning activity work with Operations Program Managers, Product and Sales leaders to develop a process to review, update and approve master schedules and demand plans. Work consultatively with each revenue program to standardize purchasing through forecasts and stock limits in the ERP/MRP system
- Identify and implement initiatives to continue to develop Desktop Metals global supply chain, increase resilience and reduce risks
- Drive supplier improvements in the supply chain to improve performance including cost, quality, and on-time deliveries
- Minimum ten years relevant experience in a technology environment including 5+ years of management
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP order processing systems, Infor CSI/Syteline preferred
- Familiarity with PLM systems
- Fluency working with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel as required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in business, supply chain, logistics, or related field
- APICs, CPSM certifications (encouraged)
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.