The Engineer in this role will be responsible for designing and implementing fundamental robotic manipulation software solutions. The Engineer in this role will work with a multidisciplinary team to integrate manipulation software components into real-world robotic solutions.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- Ph.D. in Robotics or Master’s degree in Robotics plus 5 years of development experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions for manipulation related problems on real robotic systems.
- General understanding of numerous manipulation related areas of expertise, e.g. motion planning, perception, simulation, controls, machine learning.
- Ability to synthesize approaches to problems from new or existing techniques.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Proficient in Python and/or C++.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Robotics.
- Commercial experience in a fast paced, Agile environment.
- Commercial experience contributing to novel solution ideation and implementation.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Experience with debugging issues on real robotic systems.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Experience using VCS (Git).
- Experience using issue tracking systems (Jira).
Expert level understanding of one or more of the following:
- Asynchronous/Concurrent Programming.
- Robot Simulation.
- Linear Algebra.
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Containers and Orchestration Thereof.
- NoSQL / SQL Databases.
More Jobs From