Principal User Experience Researcher
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsofts SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. Thats why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortunes Best Places to Work, rely on SumTotals solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about Making Work Matter. With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are seeking an exceptional Principal User Experience Researcher to join our growing world-wide UX team to create innovative solutions for SumTotals HCM products. The Principal User Experience Researcher will work with a cross-functional team of UX designers, product managers and engineers as you plan, coordinate and execute user research across a range of programs and projects. The Principal User Experience Researcher will both design studies and execute effective UX research. They should also be a coach and mentor to junior research staff.
Candidates should have expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and qualitative research skills, including ethnographic field research and task-based usability tests, both in-person and remote. The ability to communicate and translate research findings into concrete next steps for the product is critical. The ideal candidate should possess exemplary facilitation skills, critical thinking and qualitative analysis/synthesis skills.
- Oversee and execute breakthrough user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, including field research methods, usability and concept testing, surveys, 1:1 interview, and secondary research
- Lead the translation of research findings into actionable insights, opportunities, and solutions; clearly communicate the insights and accompanying recommendations to product and design teams
- Work closely and collaboratively with interaction designers, product managers and engineers to ensure an optimal user experience
- Lead and mentor junior UX researchers as they plan and conduct studies
- Stay abreast of new and innovative research tools, continuously focusing on ways to obtain user feedback more efficiently
- Contribute to evolving our user experience research practice, incorporating industry standard best practices
- Have a strong understanding of analytics and key performance indicators
- Be an advocate and evangelist for user experience across the organization
- Advocate for the end user in design and development, while working with product managers, designers, and Agile developers.
- 9+ years or work experience as a member of a user-experience research team in a technology-centered company.
- Prior management or mentor experience preferred
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and web standards.
- Extensive experience in the planning and moderating of testing strategies, field research (contextual inquiry), card sorting techniques and heuristic reviews.
- Relevant work samples demonstrating proficiency in a variety of research methods.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with iterative design and research cycles in conjunction with Agile development.
- Independent self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, or equivalent discipline (or ability to document equivalent academic plus professional experience).
- Broad knowledge/understanding/experience with accessibility guidelines.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learners Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Jobs From