The Motional Technical Program Management team is seeking to hire a Principal TPM, Motional Planning & Control to develop and support motion planning and motion control (MPC) software as we prepare to launch driverless robotaxis on public roads. This is a cross-functional role that requires collaboration and management across systems, safety, hardware, software, testing and triage teams. We are currently seeking an individual who has experience working with autonomous system development and deployment in the real-world. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be on the forefront of autonomous driving technology!
What You'll Do
- Partner across various cross-functional teams to develop the motion planning and motion control software strategy, including defining the roadmap, vehicle capabilities, software and autonomy features, etc.
- Set priorities and coordinate between internal engineering teams and stakeholders to support the motion planning and control software pipeline
- Act as a proactive advocate for the MPC team, driving initiatives that accelerate its progress across the company
- Leadership level communication including regular status reporting and risk tracking for effective program management
- Work closely with the Engineering leaders, product leaders, and other technical program managers to help define and track key organizational initiatives and OKRs
- Work with Engineering team on their sprints and work tickets management on a daily basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee triage and defect tracking processes. Prioritize and assign defect tracking tickets, ensuring timely resolution and clear documentation
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 7+ years hands-on experience on motion planning and control algorithm and software as an engineer or a TPM, minimum 5+ years TPM experience on MPC related areas.
- Knowledge of autonomous vehicle software including perception, mapping/localization, and sensor fusion techniques
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related technical field. PhD preferred.
- Experience in fast-paced testing engineering environments, especially relate to hardware, software and system-level testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse global team
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment across multiple time zones with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to come into a Motional office 2-3 days a week at a minimum
- 10%- 25% travel required
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. Were driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
Were creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; its not only good for our business, its the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. Were driven to scale; were moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.