The Solutions Design Team is looking for an innovative and solution-centric engineer to be a Principal Solution Architect. Architects are responsible for analyzing our customers' operations and processes to achieve optimal system design and performance for our solutions. As a Principal Solutions Architect you will interact with customers and internal team members throughout the pre-sales process. Successful candidates will be innovative, have strong technical problem-solving abilities, excellent project management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Pre-Sales Customer Interaction Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements, conduct engineering analyses and propose solutions for specific customer applications.
- Collaborate with customers to analyze and manage requirements to deliver meaningful business value.
- Compose in-depth technical response documents and provide customer presentations to support the sales process.
- Work with Sales to identify new application areas and, with Marketing, create compelling messaging and demonstrations that attract new customers/prospects.
- Work with Program Engineers to ensure accurate solution development and deployment in post-sales phase.
Prototype Development Responsibilities
- Analyze customer requirements, define and propose Proof-of-Concept, manage POC development activities, and transition systems to engineering & operations.
- Recommend ways to apply new technologies and solutions that will maximize their value to customers and Berkshire Grey.
- Assess the feasibility of POC/development ideas and collaborate with engineering team to determine design limitations and opportunities.
- Define POC solution architecture, technical requirements and technical risk mitigation plans.
Solution Application Strategy Responsibilities
- Identify new solution / product opportunities or new applications of existing products through customer contact and market knowledge.
- Collaborate with Product Management on solution feature prioritization and commercialization strategy.
- Work on enhancement requests, gather business requirements, and collaborate with Product Management on functional design documents.
- Contribute to continual improvement of best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- BS degree in engineering, operations or related field.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Ability to work with MS Excel, MS Project and technical drawings (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc).
- Comfortable working with mechanical systems.
- Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
- Understand use of operational and financial metrics to drive business decisions.
- Ability to interface with customers successfully and professionally.
- Can communicate effectively with both engineering and operational teams.
- Perform well in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
More Jobs From