Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Principal Software Engineer to join it Virtual CCAP, Cloud Platform team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Principal Software Engineer will impact the organization by developing software for virtual-CCAP, NFV cloud platform and open source development for the remote PHY device.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analysis, design, and development of software code for RemotePHY device according to CableLab specification.
- Participate and contribute to the CableLab open source development effort.
- Be a contributing member of the Virtual CCAP, cloud platform team.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced members of the team on projects within Virtual CCAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ to 10 years of related experience preferred.
- A high degree of proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
- Deep experience in designing, writing, and troubleshooting complex multi-threaded software on Linux.
- Strong software design skills with most common software architecture patterns, and object oriented design.
- Familiarity with messaging facilities, such as ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, or Google Protocol Buffer.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker to manage containerized applications.
- Experience with debugging Linux kernel crashes and network device drivers.
- Experience developing solutions using DPDK and CNI plugins.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a diverse team and high-pressure environment.
- Problem solver – Resourceful and able to “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Expresses opinions and influences effectively.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From