DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The vision behind the game.
Were growing rapidly. As a Principal Software Engineer at DraftKings, youll be a leader within the organization, delivering highly scalable software systems and collaboratively setting the direction of your team. This isnt just a technical role, though. You will have the opportunity to develop the talented engineers on your team and help them achieve their own potential.
What youll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- You will solve our most challenging technical problems.
- Design and code critical aspect of our platform.
- Develop the technical roadmap for a technology, platform, or domain.
- Act as a mentor for your talented team of engineers who look to you for guidance through design reviews and casual lunch and learns on technical topics.
- You will also establish strategies and approaches that help your team produce scalable and fault-tolerant systems to solve business needs
What skills you will use:
- You have experience and expertise in building scalable, fault-tolerant systems.
- A history of developing strong relationships with business partners.
- You have exceptional object-oriented programming skills with a modern OO language like C# or Java (we use C#).
- Strong relational database design skills paired with ability to craft SQL that can access that database in a safe way we use Amazons Aurora variant of MySQL.
- You will also have a strong understating of unit and automation testing.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
More Jobs From