Principal Software Engineer - Control Path
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Control Path functionality
- Develop and maintain Python libraries and services delivered to customers as part of our NAS appliance
- Creating REST methodologies and developing product API’s
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of the Nasuni Python libraries
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development
- Work with customer support to address any escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- Cloud enterprise software development experience using Python
- Fluent in a Linux or CentOS environment
- Computer Science degree or similar experience that includes System Design, Design Principals, Code Architecture, Data Structures, Distributed Systems.
- Prior technical team leadership and mentoring experience as a Senior or Principal Engineer.
Additional experience with the following is helpful for this Principal role.
- Django or similar web front-end frameworks
- Open-source contributions
- Django ORM, Postgres, Django-Rest Framework,
- AWS SQS – Simple Queue Service
- Full Stack development for Cloud Native Services; AWS, Azure, Google
- Modern source control repositories such as Git
- Other high-level languages including Java, Ruby, or Perl
- Cloud Native Database connectivity; MongoDB, NoSQL, Postgres
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, we will consider remote employees as well as candidates based in our Boston or Marlborough, MA, or Cary, NC offices.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.