We are looking for an experienced C/C++ software engineer to write a considerable amount of software while having the ability to lead and impact software development and calibration efforts between two related teams. This role focuses on critical areas of Motionals autonomous vehicle stack including the interaction between motion planning components in a ROS-like main software stack, and control feedback algorithms in a real-time embedded compute platform.
- Lead software initiatives that span the motion planning and control pipeline across different hardware platforms with C/C++
- Embedded controller hardware bring up, safety feature design (system health monitoring, backup strategy, redundancy) to meet ASIL-D standards for autonomous driving.
- Design and build robust and scalable software that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Opportunity to develop state-of-the-art motion planning and control algorithms to ensure safe and comfortable vehicle trajectories.
- Leverage modern development toolchains including testing, HIL, simulation, and continuous integration, to enable rapid development cycles.
- Understand and explain trade-offs and complex concepts to peers and leaders to drive technical decisions.
- Create project proposals that drive long-term technical roadmap and span multiple sub-systems.
- Write high quality code and review designs based on deep understanding of the teams services and technologies.
- Mentor junior team members to cultivate product-focused mindset, research, and development.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of C++ and C software development.
- Experience with modern coding standard versions C++20 / MISRA-C 01 preferred.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree preferred in Automotive Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation, algorithm design, through implementation.
- Experience with vector tools, e.g., CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape, understand CAPL scripts and capable to configure/analyze log data.
- Experience in AutoSAR development, e.g., vector DaVinci, to configure/perform software integration preferred.
- Experience with various Control Theory techniques, state estimation, robust control, MPC, vehicle dynamics, and simulation environments.
- Python and/or SQL experience for the purpose of data analysis, metrics processing, system/control performance analysis
- Experience with hardware interfaces (CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C) for improved algorithm design across hardware platforms
- Understanding of numerical optimization algorithms (interior point method, sequential quadratic programming, etc)
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.