Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
The Principal Software Engineer works closely with engineers and architects in the Sophos Cloud Email development team and with product management to design and build the next generation Cloud Email Security solution.
The individual would be a top-performing leader with the passion, experience and gravitates to effectively lead this critical technology function. The ideal candidate will be a high energy, team-oriented, customer-driven problem solver with prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable and easy to use applications for small businesses and enterprises.
- Provide leadership around the design and implementation of large scale email threat protection software.
- Provide mentorship around framework design to technical contributors in Burlington and offshore developers, as well as network effectively with other Sophos product teams across multiple geographies.
- Design and implement frameworks and features that are instrumental in building Sophos’s next-generation cloud architecture.
- Participate in planning and design sessions with engineering management, architects, operations and development team leads.
- Partner effectively with operations to ensure solutions are instrumented to be supported in the field.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of working in high performing teams.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing
- Experience with high-volume consumer or small business-oriented solutions.
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Experience troubleshooting large scale cloud applications
- Work with best of breed Cloud technologies (NoSQL, Elastic Search, high throughput event processing, cloud-scale data analytics, etc.)
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and organization skills.
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you choose to explore this opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our data protection policy which can be found here and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunities at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please reply to this or other emails from Sophos clearly stating your request, or follow the steps set out in the data protection policy describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From