Bullhorn is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Development team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Why this job is important:
As a Bullhorn Principal Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to write custom applications and integrations, learn and explore new technologies, and work with a talented and growing team.
A typical day might include:
- Daily stand ups
- Writing enterprise scale applications
- Building services that support millions of requests per day
- Working within a positive, energizing, collaborative team environment
- Working with team to solve complex problems and developing APIs and specs for innovative software
- Solving complex development challenges
- Building well performing and maintainable code to support tens of thousands of users
- Leading and mentoring junior software engineers
This role may be a fit for you if:
- 10+ years of development experience working on a software as a service application using .Net technologies, including C# and MVC
- Web Service experience with WCF or Web API
- SQL Server 2008+, including general queries and Database Design Concepts
- HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Great organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar degree, or relevant work experience
- Experience with O/RM Frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework
- Familiarity with SOLID Principles
- Experience with Unit Testing / TDD.
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.