Were looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join our global Engineering team. On this team, we solve complex and interesting problems to deliver high performance, high quality Video On Demand (VOD) streaming content to our more than 3,000 customers world-wide by building robust, scalable, shared services. As a Principal Engineer on the Dynamic Delivery team, you will work on challenging problems on services used at internet-scale handling millions of requests per hour. In this role, you will be solving difficult problems such as matching renditions between VOD content and Ad content in our SSAI stream stitcher, implementing 4k video and leveraging CMAF to reduce bandwidth requirements. Our team thrives in an environment built on collaboration, trust, and hard work. We look for people who are smart, fun, enthusiastic, passionate about technology, and want to work in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like a good fit for you, lets talk!
- Help lead the design of future versions of our streaming architecture and re-architect existing services as necessary
- Contribute to the development of new capabilities
- Provide operational support for Brightcove Delivery systems
- Be a thought leader on technical matters related to video-on-demand and ad insertion
- Understand the importance of non-functional requirements, including scalability, reliability and maintainability and ensuring that the team considers these requirements in their solutions
- Lead the team to adopt and adhere to best practices in design, testing, documentation, deployment and operations.
- Develop clean, high-quality solutions with automated testing, infrastructure-as-code, multi-environment/multi-region deployment, and well thought out devops tooling
- Guide the team towards simple, reliable solutions that delight the customer
- Work with developers to identify root causes of issues and prevent recurrence of bugs by identifying and recommending code and process improvements.
- Build consensus through careful consideration of the topic at hand and by exhibiting exemplary decision making
- 9+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience working with video and audio
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Go (i.e GoLang)
- Experience with AWS strongly preferred, including Elasticache, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), including a practical knowledge of the capabilities such as APIs, regions, instance types, and managed services such as auto-scalers, load-balancers, storage systems, queues, caches, and lambda functions.
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment, preferably Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to debug production applications in a cloud-based environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, product and program managers.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to take ownership of issues.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for services.
- Ability to coach, guide and inspire other software engineers to innovate and collaborate with a solutions-focused approach.
- Understanding of building, delivering and operating internet-scale, distributed, high availability systems.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, market conditions and fast-paced tech environment.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success.
Brightcove offers a variety of perks dependent upon where you live, such as competitive compensation, restricted stock units, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO, and more! Brightcove has brand new office space in downtown Boston, Guadalajara (Mexico), and soon London. We have more offices in Funchal (Portugal), Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, Sydney (Australia), Mumbai and Chennai (India). Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. Please apply and if you are not a fit, we would love to keep you in our talent community. We encourage you to OPT into text messaging or the Talent Community at any time.
The base salary range listed is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.