The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is seeking to hire a Principal Salesforce Business Analyst onto our CRM/Business Applications team in Bedford, Massachusetts. Our company CRM is Salesforce and therefore the Principal Salesforce Business Analyst will be an experienced Salesforce Admin and/or Salesforce Consultant with deep understanding of Salesforce and ability to bring the knowledge of Salesforce best practices to deliver strategic projects.
As a Principal Salesforce Business Analyst, you will work alongside Solution Architects and Business Leads to design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in helping AspenTech drive the digitalization of various business processes across many areas of the organization.
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive the digitalization of both customer-facing and internal business processes across the organization.
- Implement strategic large scale CRM initiatives to drive scalability and growth.
- Understand and document business needs, distinguish between needs and wants, identify gaps between current capabilities, design, and document future state solutions; provide detailed business requirements specifications in preparation for development.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design a solution that will meet a clients business requirements and fulfill user stories.
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirement sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user training
- Lead projects and virtual project teams across the organization in support of process improvement and digitalization initiatives.
- Create and articulate compelling business cases to support changes to business systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of business process owners to influence change.
- Serve as the liaison between the IS team and business stakeholders to understand current and future state business requirements for information technology systems and services.
- Work with both functional and technical development team resources throughout all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including, design, development, testing and deployment.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors degree
- 7-10+ years of experience with business process improvement, business analysis, and project management, preferably within an agile environment
- 7-10+ years of experience working with Salesforce.com environment
- Proven experience of executing large scale application projects
- Experience with implementing CPQ and a deep knowledge of Quote-To-Cash process
- Experience with driving business process improvement initiatives via continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
- Solid exposure and understanding of business processes and best practices in a variety of areas including master data management, quote-to-cash, and customer relationship management.
- Hands on experience configuring Salesforce including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced and agile environment
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new clients, their business needs, and technologies
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience leveraging and configuring AppExchange products to develop a solution
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Revenue Cloud, Tableau CRM and CPQ/Quote-To-Cash
- Salesforce Certification