ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Were looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead the definition of ezCaters core enabling platforms which include our marketplace API, caterer menus API, and payment systems. This critical role will work with other product feature teams and internal stakeholders to identify and build capabilities that can be leveraged by the entire organization. Working closely with engineering, analytics and several other teams you will jump into a fast-paced, data-driven environment, with immediate impact to the business.
Sound exciting? Let's talk!
- Work closely with the marketplace and catering operations teams to understand their goals and business direction and propose ways to scale the business quickly and effectively
- Lead product initiatives across a cross-functional team including Engineering, Data Analysis, Operations, and other Product Managers in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Manage application development from conception through design, build, release, and iteration
- Create and monitor the ongoing metrics that measure and define success
- Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes, while identifying thematic issues that can be solved with technology improvements
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people
When You Start:
- By day 30 you will:
- Understand the product, the business, and the key interconnection points between your platforms and other systems
- Have spoken to several existing customers and sat in on numerous support calls
- Be providing immediate and early value, organizing existing work, asking good questions, and figuring out what you need to learn to become more effective
- Have internalized the company direction, and early decisions around target customer / market focus
- By day 60 you will:
- Have a solid working relationship established with the design and development team members
- Propose product direction and course corrections based on what youve learned
- By day 90 you will:
- Be a driving force within the company, leading across the business to drive meaningful returns
- Be able to give the company pitch to a prospective customer as well as any member of the sales team and back it up with detailed customer, product, and industry knowledge
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally with prior experience on platform development, APIs, and/or payment systems
- Deep analytic ability, comfort working with and manipulating data, building hypotheses-Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; youre happy spending much of the day away from your desk connecting with team members in different functional areas
- A proven track-record when it comes to stakeholder management; you feel confident partnering with demanding internal groups and effectively managing expectations
- A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. Youre first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors. Youre motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone
Starting Salary Range: $166,000 - $218,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.