Office Tour Photos
ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building insanely helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery drivers love to use. Your focus will be on fulfillment, which straddles both sides of our marketplace. Were building out tools to help our catering partners better manage their deliveries, provide tracking on all orders, and ensure our customer experience is flawless.
Youll be a leader on the team tasked with finding and delivering (pun intended) innovative solutions to some of the most complex design challenges in our space. Were proud of how many times the adjective easy appears in our TrustPilot reviews and we think that its both UX and UI that helps get us that reputation come join our team and help us keep those great reviews coming!
When teammates describe you, heres what they say...
- You thrive at solving a wide range of complex design challenges, across mobile and desktop, without skipping a beat.
- You care deeply about the needs of the people youre designing for. You understand their pain points and can help others walk a mile in their shoes.
- Youre at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment, and youre energized by the process of iterating, testing, measuring, and iterating again to find the best solutions.
- You're proactive and a self-starter. You find problems and you take initiative to solve them, without being asked.
- Youre a valued thought partner to Product and Engineering leaders. You influence the product agenda and drive the design vision and roadmap.
- You demonstrate an outcome-focused attitude that keeps your team feeling positive and energized, and brings fresh ideas and learnings into your work and your teams work.
- You can lead a team through complex problem definition and propose conceptual, long term design solutions that meet business needs.
In a couple of months, heres what else youll be able to do...
- Use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design).
- Contribute to moving business metrics. You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Communicate effectively with your team and maintain high levels of credibility with stakeholders about your process and the problem youre solving. You dont just make design decisions, but you can speak to them.
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with your team and take the charge on concept generation and developing solutions.
- Mentor and coach other design team members and structure work effectively to create right-sized projects for them.
Youll be able to hit the ground running if you
- Have 5+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions. You're an expert at working on digital product teams in an agile environment. You're experienced at utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions. You're confident when sharing your process with stakeholders across the business.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a knack for solving complicated problems by designing clean and cohesive experiences, and dependable attention to detail. You present your process and not just the end result.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision, or other design and prototyping tools. Youre interested in keeping up with the latest tools, and are willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- Have experience working with and contributing to a design system. You see the value in consistent, well-considered components and guidelines, and advocate for the benefits of a high-quality experience.
- Can speak to the problems youve solved and how your design solutions led to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how youve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters radical transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind. At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.