Office Tour Photos
The Seismic Product Design team is a diverse group of fun, hard-working and highly collaborative people. Each designer brings a unique lens to table to help us realize our goal of designing software that is driven by empathy and validated with data.
Were looking for a passionate, exceptional, Principal Product Designer to join our Product Design team at Seismic. You must have strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills, as well as a portfolio that demonstrates a focus on product design. Experience building, maintaining, and championing design systems is a big plus!
You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Marketers and other business team members. You will be a part of a tight-knit Product Design team and report directly to the Director of Product Design.
You will be the primary facilitator of all aspects of the product design process for your projects: conducting user research, defining and documenting end-user workflows, illustrating user journeys, running collaborative ideation sessions, and leading other members of the design team. Your efforts will directly impact the day to day work of thousands of end users.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about all things UX, Not only do you design beautiful products; you create products that are intuitive and exciting to use
- You follow paths to their every terminus and seek to understand the "why" of decision making
- You know and believe that incremental improvements lead to incredible product offerings
- You possess expert communication skills and empathy that allows you to communicate with individuals throughout an organization
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to appropriately scope and plan design projects
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams to craft elegant, practical solutions to design challenges
- Plan, perform and synthesize user research and testing
- Create screen flows and UI designs for new product features and enhancements
- Create prototypes in order to communicate and test design concepts
- Structure information and functionality in a logical, understandable and accessible way to create a cohesive system architecture
- Write concise, informative UI copy that is consistent with Seismic writing guidelines
- Participate in design and product team knowledge sharing and process improvement efforts
- Peer mentor less experienced design team members
What you bring to the team:
- 8+ years experience designing digital products
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead teams in framing and solving hard problems; has driven innovative efforts that uncovered new value with new kinds of experiences; presents the company as an industry leader in design
- Proficient in user journey mapping, information architecture, visual design and prototyping
- Able to demonstrate strong conceptual thinking, interaction design chops, and quality craftsmanship
- Ability to work across multiple workstreams; develops new practices that drive increased value and appreciation of design both internally and externally
- Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create digital experiences at scale, grounded in user insights, business acumen, and technical know-how
- Comfortable with critique and co-authorship
- An strong understanding and partnership with software development process
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
More Jobs From