For most people, shopping for a vehicle is an experience we'd rather forget. Navigating a sea of endless options, spending hours, and the dealership and negotiating toe-to-toe with a dealer who does all this every day leaves automotive shoppers feeling exhausted and overwhelmed while hopeful, but not sure, they got a vehicle in good condition for a fair price.
Autolist is on a mission to rewire the automotive industry by making it easier for everyone to find and get a vehicle they love! We are creating an automotive shopping experience for every stage of the automotive life cycle buying, selling, owning and we're well on our way. As an independent brand and subsidiary of CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG) we're a startup within the worldwide category leader in automotive shopping helping millions of monthly users via our award-winning apps and web shopping platforms. Our efforts to streamline the automotive shopping experience is supported by a strong passion to empower people with the knowledge and experience they need for everything automotive, a dedication to equity, inclusion, and belonging, and world-class benefits.
As a Principal Platform Engineer at Autolist you will provide technical leadership in a lean, fast-paced, data-driven environment. Your responsibilities will include developing, maintaining, and managing our infrastructure and services that support all of our consumer applications. You will contribute to its performance, security, availability, and accessibility. Youll collaborate with designers, other engineers, product managers, and analysts to execute on a broad range of projects.
- Contribute to the technical direction and architectural vision of Autolist Infrastructure and Services
- Build and maintain services that support our applications, and infrastructure
- Build internal tools to enhance the workflow of fellow engineers
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a focus on the business impact of those projects. Pragmatically prioritize tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Produce engineering solutions that are reliable, maintainable, and easy to change
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams to plan and deliver on engineering projects
- Advance and promote software engineering best practices
- We deeply value continuous education as a personal investment to better achieve individual and business goals
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or equivalent)
- Polyglot engineer comfortable with full stack web development
- Understanding of Postgres or similar relational databases
- Understanding of Elasticsearch
- Understanding of how to build and maintain highly available and scalable web applications
- Experience with Docker
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes high quality code continuously
Note: The requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard and fast rules. To excel in this role you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills and want the opportunity to be considered please apply!
- Have worked in a pair-programming environment
- An interest in exploring code design and architecture
- Have used test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience building consumer facing applications
- Experience working with the auto industry
- Experience building metasearch products
- Security chops (JWT, HMAC, CSP, cryptography)
- Performance chops (CWV, CRP, PWA, LnP)
- Android and/or iOS experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Autolist is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.