The Principal Perception-Prediction Machine Learning Engineer is a versatile role in Perception and Prediction, that drives a wide spectrum of applied ML research and development. The person in this role will lead the Perception-Prediction team charter with the goal to understand the current and future state of the world.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to work on the full spectrum from sensors to machine learning for perception and prediction.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Be a key contributor to articulating the technical vision and direction of the prediction and perception team
- Lead projects from conception to deployment on autonomous vehicles
- Architect our on car codebase to maintain a high degree of modularity & quality while achieving fast, reliable runtime that meets ASIL and other certifications
- Understand the tradeoffs of different technologies and take into account high-level company strategic direction
- Reach across the organization to provide leadership on cross team initiatives that engage other autonomy teams (e.g. planning) and beyond
- Lead technical debates and build consensus for solutions
- Unlock the full potential of other engineers on the team through design and code that is easy to extend and contribute into
- Mentor junior and senior engineers
What We're Looking For
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of driving perception and prediction projects from start to completion, including conception, problem definition, design, experimentation, iteration, and finally productization
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.