The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The Principal Paralegal is a critical member of the legal organization, responsible for providing administrative support and for implementing and managing best practices and processes to enhance efficiency. This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated, experienced and detail-oriented individual to play a crucial role in the operation of the legal department of a global, publicly-traded software company that emphasizes innovation, collaboration and execution. The Principal Paralegal is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President and Associate General Counsel.
- Prepare, organize and track Board of Directors, Committee and Stockholder resolutions and corporate filings for various Aspen Technology entities.
- Maintain corporate record books and oversee periodic corporate filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Manage the department budget, including purchase orders, forecasting and payments of vendor invoices. Provide timely and accurate periodic budget reports to the department leadership.
- Assist with patent, copyright, and trademark filings and the tracking of the overall portfolio. Assist with gathering materials in support of applications and patent and technology reviews.
- Maintain legal department files and archives.
- Assist with litigation projects, including gathering and organizing materials.
- Support and manage various other projects as needed.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the successful implementation of new or improved processes and technology solutions for the legal department in support of the above responsibilities.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of paralegal experience, including demonstrated expertise in corporate secretarial requirements, project management, legal billing, legal technology tools, and vendor management.
- Associates Degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
- Attention to detail.
- Discretion, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in all communications.
- Strong bias for action, well-organized, self-assured, and willing to work irregular hours on an occasional basis.
- Confidence to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with Senior Management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Well-developed business acumen, including curiosity and awareness of current business activities and initiatives.
- Proficiency with MS Office including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.