Truemotion builds apps that use sophisticated data science and machine learning to help reduce distracted driving, reward drivers as they improve, and most importantly save lives by detecting crashes. We're looking for experienced Principal Mobile Developer to join our Boston-based mobile development team to help build industry-leading products that are transforming a trillion dollar industry. Ten of the top twenty global automotive insurers already work with us, with more on the way! If you have a passion for Android and iOS development, and would like to join a great team thats building products that make our roads safer and save lives, lets talk. You'll enjoy a fun, collaborative work environment, excellent work/life balance, great benefits and a new office that's just a short walk from South Station.
- Drive the development of our iOS and Android apps in a B2B space at consumer scale.
- Help scale our mobile processes; participate in release pipeline, test automation and monitoring (trip capture, battery and data usage, car crashes, etc.).
- Build great consumer experiences for top ten insurance carriers that integrate with various 3rd party services.
- Embed algorithms initially developed to run in the cloud back to the phone.
- Advocate for the iOS and Android platforms (e.g: evaluating new frameworks, mentoring the team, and helping lead the iOS and Android technical vision at TrueMotion).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android and iOS platforms.
- Fluency in either Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift and intermediate level in the other.
- Willingness and past experience mentoring other mobile developers.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Android and iOS platforms with the ability to understand and explain the nuances between the two mobile platforms to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience architecting and shepherding mobile apps through the entire life cycle from idea to release and maintenance.
- Ability to assess and deploy technologies based on business needs rather than technical purity.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build consensus and make tough decisions on your own.
- Experience working on large scale mobile apps.
- Back end development
- Experience in C++
- Working knowledge of front end technologies such as Angular or React
- Experience with any scripting languages such as Python, Node, or Ruby
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with effective developer workflow
At TrueMotion, were motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable for everyone. If youre a positive, organized self starter, then check us out!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.