Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design of complex mechanical assemblies and proven expertise in moving product from concept to volume production at overseas facilities. We are looking for an exceptional individual contributor who understands a diverse range of engineering disciplines, uses engineering first-principles to inform his or her work, and can guide the technical development of robust, reliable and cost-effective transportation products.
What you'll do:
- Develop architecture for complex mechanical systems and guide the technical development from concept to full-scale manufacturing.
- Find root-cause to issues as part of standardized failure analysis and resolution process and propose solutions
- Perform advanced structural design, analysis, and optimization
- Evaluate and select materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, design, and other teams
- Develop and defend concepts from technical, business and user experience perspectives
- Work with worldwide supply chain to design components, sub-assemblies products that are cost-effective, reliable and timely
- Vet your designs through rigorous design verification process
What we're looking for:
- History of innovative, creative solutions to difficult design challenges. A patent portfolio is a plus
- Routine and accurate use of engineering first-principles to inform decisions
- Extensive experience designing reliable, highly integrated electro-mechanical assemblies for use in outdoor environments. Experience with cost-conscious transportation and mobility systems is a plus
- 20+ years of experience
- MS/BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, preferably Solidworks
- Ability to mentor and develop junior mechanical engineers
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- Experience with design for reliability
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.