Do you want to build a model that changes customer experience? Do you actually want to see your ideas, your pipelines, your architecture, your experiment really affect the business? If so, Chewy Search & Recommendations team is hiring!
We use the best machine learning techniques to simplify product discovery for pet parents looking for their pet needs on Chewy.com. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software/front-end engineers, and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and search for pet parents.
Our mission is to make Chewy a trusted partner who meets pet-parents needs in an intuitively personalized and friction-free way. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics, and deliver to maximize value to our customers.
We are hiring Principal Applied Data Science in either Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA. In this position, you will work on all stages of model development from idea, analysis, architecture, pipeline, experimentation, and feedback loop. Your work will directly impact millions of customers who shop for their furry family members every day. Data Scientist in this team focuses on learning, and on working together as a team to not only deploy model to production but also advance our modeling technique.
What you'll do:
- You will partner Program Managers, Merchandizing, along with top engineers at Chewy.
- You will be responsible for science projects from idea, to experiment, to feedback, to model improvements for not only your science projects but overseeing the teams science projects.
- Formalizing assumptions about how models are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explaining why they are reasonable or identifying fixes for them.
- Communicating verbally and in writing to business customers with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our research, as well as sharing insights and recommendations.
- Development science best practices, as well as mentoring junior scientist.
- Work with a team of awesome people who are passionate about personalization.
What You'll Need:
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science or related field or 10+ years experience designing optimization and machine learning solutions for large scale applications.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics and DS methodologies.
- Experience in building distributed pipeline, tuning, optimizing and evaluation.
- Experience with multiple techniques that include Predictive Models (Time Series and Regression), Linear Programming, and Classification, Search, Ranking or large-scale embeddings.
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
- Experience growing junior data science team members.
- Experience in e-commerce or retail.
- Experience with ML Services in AWS (SageMaker, Personalize) or equivalent.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.