As a part of Design Assurance Automation, Product Delivery group, you will work under guidance of the Manager of Automation Applications group to design, develop, and implement cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems for all phases of product development.
iRobot is seeking a dedicated and a passionate senior or a principal level mechanical engineer who has experience in hardware design and build engineering.
Responsible for developing and designing automated test methodology and parts for those systems.
You will be expected to document all design activities, including creating CAD and drawings of any parts developed.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and document electromechanical test platforms, mechanical parts, and fixtures, to enable Product Test Engineers test products.
- Perform product and subsystem level testing and document/communicate results.
- Support cross-functional fixture development within the Automation Team.
- Lead execution of projects and tasks that have support all over the world.
- Support transition to manufacturing locally and at Contract Manufacturer (US and APAC).
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 5 -10 years of experience in product development and product level testing.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent.
- Adept at designing mechanical parts and creating drawings and all associated CAD
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Experience with specialized test equipment and test fixture
- Proficient with mechanical and electrical tools used in product development of electromechanical systems (common hand tools, drills, presses, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
- hardware/software analyzers, PLC, Raspberry Pi, Python, etc.).
- Ability to safely run end mills, saws, lathes, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.