The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. Founded more than 30 years ago by the best and brightest engineers at MIT, we continue to tackle the most complex process manufacturing challenges. Our aspenONE software enables our customers to achieve operational excellence by increasing capacity, improving margins, and reducing costs, while becoming more energy efficient, ensuring safety, and shrinking their carbon footprint. This is a place where people are fiercely passionate about technology and have a desire to make a difference through the application of engineering and software technologies to solve real business problems.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated process engineer to drive the direction, development and customer adoption for innovative technology solutions for renewable energy and environmental sustainability applications, leveraging AspenTechs portfolio of technologies for process, production and supply chain optimization. You will be a key member of our R&D team and work with various business units to define, develop, and deliver these solutions to our customers.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and thought and technology leadership for the development of solutions for renewable energy and sustainability technologies, based on AspenTech asset optimization technologies, including modeling, production optimization, and supply chain optimization
- Apply lifecycle assessment and techno-economic analysis to various technologies in sustainability area such as circular economy, hydrogen economy, etc.
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, designers and developers to understand customer and market needs and translate them into product requirements and specifications
- Provide technical expertise to the field and to customers to promote and support the application of AspenTech solutions for sustainability initiatives
- Investigate new and developing sustainability technologies as they appear in industry and academia and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our software applications
What You'll Need
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years experience in energy or chemical process industry, with strong track record in renewable energy and environmental sustainability engineering, environmental KPI development
- Demonstrated expertise and technology leadership in the development and application of renewable energy technologies and emerging sustainability trends such as hydrogen production, carbon capture, circular economy, etc.
- Strong coding and analytical skills
- Experience with lifecycle assessment and techno-economic analysis
- Experience using AspenTech products or similar tools for sustainability applications
- Software development experience is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion to explore a vast array of problems and applications both within and outside of their area of specialization
- Problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner