The Machine Learning Infrastructure team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by our Machine Learning engineers developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage and monitor ML training, visualize and compare ML training, evaluate models on different hardware accelerators and track cost, etc.
- Own training cluster and provide technical support to internal customers.
- Work closely with machine learning researchers to identify the bottlenecks and optimize the codebase by: better parallelism and data caching, fully utilizing the hardware: CPU, GPU, memory and disk/network IO, distributed/multi-machine training.
- Act as a sounding board and technical architect for your teams, help define technical vision and strategy
- Provide coding and performance guidelines and best practices to machine learning researchers/engineers.
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Familiar with DL frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience working with large scale dataset.
- Strong skills in C++.
- Experience in numba, cython, CUDA, etc.
- Experience in distributed computing.
- Strong machine learning/deep learning background.
Why you should join us:
- Youll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and some of the most exciting problems within engineering including: robotics, infrastructure, visualization, etc.
- As part of the Machine Learning Infrastructure team, youll be collaborating and working closely with a tight knit team and some of the industrys top researchers.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.