Motional has an exciting opportunity to work within a world-class team of engineers including inventors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150). The Perception and Prediction Team is looking for strong leaders to shape the future of our team and technology. Join us on our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi service.
This opportunity can support remote work within the United States, with occasional travel.
What Youll Be Doing:
You will drive R&D initiatives to make our autonomous vehicles operate at superhuman capabilities for comfortable, safe driving. On a daily basis, you will:
- Define and influence the direction of the team, organization, and/or department
- Advise leaders on technology problems and solutions
- Connect and drive business impact through technology solutions
- Formulate problems, architect solutions, and design processes
- Prototype, evaluate, implement, and iterate on solutions
- Pioneer research into state of the art solutions and systems for autonomous vehicles
- Productionize and deploy solutions onto autonomous vehicle fleets
- Mentor and grow junior and experienced engineers and researchers
- Help create and reinforce a culture of inclusion, innovation, and excellence
What Were Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field; or equivalent industry experience
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: object detection, semantic/instance segmentation, visual classification, motion/gesture recognition, sensor fusion, multitask learning, motion prediction, and/or multi-object tracking
- Effectiveness at leading and executing large, complex technical initiatives
- Strong track record of tackling ambiguous problems, creating clarity from it, and driving it to successful outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing libraries and Python bindings development experience
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience working with large data sets and deriving insights from data
- Experience mentoring and leading others
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICL, etc.)
- PhD in machine learning, computer vision, or robotics vision
- Experience working on autonomous vehicles, or related fields
- Experience in deploying models into real-world environments
- Strong programming skills in C++ and/or CUDA programming
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $198,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.