The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a Principal Engineer in our Technology Group, you will develop and enhance core algorithms for modeling, simulation, and optimization for AspenTechs industry-leading engineering simulators. You will leverage your skills and passion to provide leadership that will help drive AspenTechs Asset Optimization strategy.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support robust and rigorous solution algorithms and models in AspenTechs simulation and modeling products
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, designers and developers to understand customer needs and translate them into product requirements and specifications
- Investigate new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our engineering simulators
What You'll Need
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with a strong background in mathematical modeling and optimization of complex chemical processes
- Strong expertise in numerical methods for large scale simulation and optimization
- Experience with dynamic simulation and machine learning techniques is a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience, including 5+ years developing engineering software
- Demonstrated experience developing with Fortran, C, C++ or Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of working well in groups
- Excellent communication skills