Principal Software Engineer, Architect
Who we are!
Brightcove is a global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling and helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
What we offer you:
- We offer flexible work options
- Generous PTO package & work life balance
- Diverse working environment
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives.
The position: Were looking for a Principal Software Engineer, Architect to join our team! This role can be remote or based out of our Boston headquarters!
How YOU will make an impact!!
- Take ownership of a one or more services from design to deployment
- Take ownership of architecture of multiple services and their interaction
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing the system architecture
- Work closely with the technical architecture group to ensure standards are being followed and influence changes as appropriate
What we need from you
- 8+ years of Full stack software development experience using REST APIs for integration
- Take ownership of multiple services and their interaction
- Experience in Python for backend development is a must plus one of Go, NodeJS, or Java/Kotlin
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Demonstrable experience architecting, developing and deploying scalable back-end services.
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
Interested? Reach out to me directly, [email protected]
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.