Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We are currently looking for a Principal DevSecOps Engineer to broaden and deepen our security discipline in close collaboration with Ops, engineering, SRE, and other teams as we continue to evolve and expand the Tamr data mastering platform and tool suite. With our growing customer base and increasing demand for cloud and hybrid-cloud offerings we are growing our team to support the development and delivery of new products, deployment to cloud environments, and incorporation of third party technologies and tools to enable product engineering.
This position reports to the Chief Architect.
As a member of the DevOps team some of the projects you will be working on are:
- Develop highly secure, scalable, cloud native architectures for large data pipelines
- Ensure that Tamr Ops take advantage of the most up-to-date security technologies and best practices for cloud-native deployments across all three major public clouds
- Ensure that Tamr software development incorporates security into software and infrastructure in design, implementation and verification
- Ensure that Tamr Ops has in place the appropriate tooling, infrastructure, policies and practices to assess and respond security incidents in an effective manner
- Provide visibility into security posture for Product, Engineering, Marketing and Sales to help articulate and disseminate Tamrs security policies and practices and how these meet customer needs
- Build out Tamr Software as a Service (SaaS) to securely deploy and monitor scaled out Tamr deployments in the cloud
- Enhance observability of our platform in the cloud via distributed tracing and other technologies
- Enable the engineering team to build scalable, performant, reliable, & secure software
- Support in establishing DevSecOps and Chaos Engineering as core disciplines of Product Engineering
- Integrating open source and commercial security tooling into our build and deployment pipelines (CI/CD) for core platform services and the applications built on platform services
You might be a good fit if you have 2 or more of the below:
- 7+ years of experience in DevSecOps or closely related field
- 3+ years of experience with cloud security, provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience with public-facing web services or web applications
- Experience with configuration management tools and configuration as code
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like GitOps, CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Technologies we use:
- Multi-cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- GitOps, Terraform, Ansible
- Kubernetes, Istio, Helm
- HDFS, HBase, Spark
- PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Snowflake, Synapse
- Java, Python, Scala
This position is available in the U.S. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.