Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Vistaprint’s Data and Analytics (DnA) organization is working to make our company one of the world’s most well-known and successful data-driven companies. The cross-functional team includes product owners, analysts, technologists, data engineers and more – all focused on providing Vistaprint with information and tools we can use to deliver jaw-dropping customer value. DnA team members are empowered to learn new skills, communicate openly and be active problem-solvers.
About Our Team:
As the Principal Data Scientist, you will be a “go-to” domain specialist in data science and machine learning. You will lead the charge on innovative work, mentoring more junior data scientists, and guiding the organization on methodology and the best ways to work. You will also guide high-profile projects - not just delivering solutions, but finding opportunities and owning the work. Your statistical, computer science and business domain expertise will have a significant influence on our business.
You will join a core team of Data Scientists, working with Marketers, Analysts, Engineers and Product Owners to forge new paths and redefine how data is utilized to deliver value!
What You Will Do:
- Engage with partners to advise on analytical project requirements, discuss methodologies and collaborate on work you're doing.
- Learn, practice, and lead others to use new tools in an inspiring technical environment that combines both coding skills, web technologies and real-time data.
- Analyze pre-existing models and algorithms; suggest how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, to drive value to the organization
- Deliver a range of custom Data Science projects that may include Recommendation Systems, Price Optimization; Time Series Modeling; Customer Lifetime Value Customer, Propensity Modeling); Image Recognition; The list goes on.
- Be a thought leader within the Data Science team, knowing the latest trends and technologies
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Extensive machine learning and modeling experience, and have delivered multiple projects as a lead scientist or in a similar capacity
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Hands-on experience using “big data technologies”
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Proven ability to independently communicate technical and statistical concepts to non-practitioners within the business, and influence the application.
- Experience of designing and building DS products for ecommerce like recommendation systems, forecasts, Customer Lifetime Value Models, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Spark, Java, Scala
- Bayesian Statistics
- Agile working methodology
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, “Vistabreak”, to name a few! Here in Waltham, we offer a modern and collaborative office environment with a free on-site gym, fully stocked kitchens, and cold brew on tap.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
More Jobs From