Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
In this role, you will be the center of data-driven decision making and applied research for the company as we use the latest ML/DL and data science techniques to continuously optimize every aspect of the business, including inventory management, forecasting, acquisition target recommendation, keyword optimization, and a whole new category of decision management for day to day operations.
SOME OF THE DAY-TO-DAY MAY INCLUDE:
- Defining and driving the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business impact
- Identifying foundational research areas that align multiple business organizations across Thrasio and collaborating with leadership on Data Science strategy
- Setting team best practices and owning the quality of our codebase and workflows
- Developing quantitative models by leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Leading data-driven decision making for Thrasio business stakeholders and to enhance the experience of our external stakeholders
- Setting technical visions and orienting the data science roadmap to execute towards your vision
- Designing large-scale applied AI systems for sourcing and acquiring new e-commerce targets
- Creating product pricing elasticity models which enable Thrasio to forecast product sales and demand
- Understanding and optimizing Amazon black-box algorithm performance across our suite of products
- Inform vendor and data source build versus buy decisions
- Building an experimentation framework for marketing and creative to drive our advertising budget and targeting strategy
- Being a technical leader at Thrasio and driving strategic initiatives for your team with Thrasio leadership and by mentoring engineers
- Deliver presentations to high-level business leaders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data and build a data-centric culture
- Identifying and owning the execution of new research and engineering opportunities that could be game-changing for Thrasio
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE PARTY:
- 12+ years of experience in data science type roles
- 3+ years experience as a data science, ML, analytics, or engineering technical lead
- Track record of mentoring junior staff members and helping them grow their autonomy
- Highly proficient in a modern data science tool, such as the Pandas/Jupyter or R/Rstudio
- Strong expertise in quantitative research and applied statistical methods, such as causal inference, forecasting, stochastic modeling, Bayesian methods, or advanced experiment design
- History of building business relationships, with strong communication, and an ability to synthesize information, create useful conceptual models, and achieve alignment and execution.
- Thrives in a transparent, agile and collaborative environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Master's Degree or PhD in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, or Operations Research
- Experience as a people manager, product manager, or startup founder
- Advanced Machine Learning expertise with recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, representation learning, deep learning, or time series
- Experience working for a company specializing in e-commerce or finance & acquisitions
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Plotly, and Kubernetes
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.