BitSight’s mission is to enable trust in digital transactions. Together, we are transforming how the market governs cybersecurity risk through Security Ratings. BitSight Security Ratings are real-time, data-driven measurements of cyber security performance that help companies, investors, insurers, government agencies and regulators make informed, dynamic risk decisions impacting business results, financial investments and national security.
- Founded in 2011, BitSight transforms how organizations manage information security risk.
- Manage third party risk, underwrite cyber insurance policies, benchmark performance, conduct M&A due diligence and assess aggregate risk.
- Seven of the top 10 cyber insurers, 20% of Fortune 500 companies, and 3 of the top 5 investment banks use BitSight
- BitSight is the most widely used Security Ratings Service with over 2,500 customers and the largest ecosystem of users and information
BitSight’s Data Science team works on a wide variety of issues related to BitSight’s product suite. The Security Ratings Team is responsible for improving and extending the methodology for BitSight’s Security Rating. The Security Data Team works with all of the data in BitSight’s inventory - developing methods to classify security measurements and identify internet assets owned by companies. The Security Analytics Team works to develop informative analytics for our customers and to develop data-related marketing content.
This position could be on any of the three teams; we are looking for a passionate Principal Data Scientist interested in cyber security.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Develop metrics to measure cyber security performance and exposure
- Create models to access cyber security risk
- Develop methodologies to assess cyber security posture from raw data.
- Help to improve BitSight’s ability to assign internet assets to organizations
- Create informative analytics to help customers understand their cyber security posture.
- Work with the marketing team to develop data driven marketing content.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to get new ideas in front of customers
- Ownership mentality and entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to work autonomously
- Strong technical background with expertise in machine learning or statistics or data-driven science
- Strong experience with data visualization
- Strong communication and analytical skills including the ability to identify and frame initially vague problems and communicate solutions
- Expert with the Python data science toolset, or with R, Matlab, SAS, etc. but with a willingness to switch to Python
- Familiarity with distributed data processing and data storage technologies
- Basic knowledge of computer networks
- Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch
- Experience with risk modeling
- Cyber security experience
Diversity. BitSight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Culture. We put our people first. BitSight offers best in class benefits, including unlimited paid time off, 401k match, and commuter benefits. All employees are bonus eligible. We devote the same energy to nurturing our company's inclusive culture as we apply to serving our customers' needs. Working at BitSight will give you the opportunity to fulfill your professional goals and expand your skills.
Open-minded. If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in BitSight’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways.