The Data Platform team at Mimecast are looking for a Principal Data Engineer to help design and build our next generation high scale Data Platform. We are looking for someone who shares a passion for creating value from data facilitating the efficient and effective flow of data across the enterprise. They will be accountable for building up our data assets so that our engineers, analysts, data scientists and product teams can have maximum impact.
- Contribute to the technical vision of how we structure, collect, process and store our data.
- Understand the broader business strategy and objectives and how this affects the Data Platform.
- Take ownership of logical models, database and event JSON schemas.
- Translating business asks into technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain our data dictionary.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 7+ years professional experience as a data architect, data engineer or related role.
- Solid strategic problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of data architecture terminology, principles and data modelling techniques.
- Expertise in conceptual, logical, and physical data model design.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience creating data architecture roadmaps.
- Experience in cross-organizational collaboration and integration.
As the ideal candidate, you would have knowledge in most of the following
- Knowledge of container (Docker/Kubernetes) technologies.
- Knowledge and/or Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic, Flume.
- Experience with other relevant analytics or data technologies.
- Experience modelling data structures for document, column family and graph databases.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including, private healthcare, life cover and a gym subsidization.
Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company wh
More Jobs From