At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
The Director, Communications will drive the media and analyst relations strategy to raise awareness of strategic initiatives at ZoomInfo, elevate brand recognition, and secure our position as a market leader. This role will report into the Vice President of Content, Brand, and Communications and is responsible for overall media strategy and execution, tracking and reporting on media reach, managing external PR agencies, and building effective relationships with the analyst community.
The Director, Communications will work closely with Executive Leadership, the Strategy Group, and Product Marketing to develop the right mix of analyst and media coverage to effectively tell the ZoomInfo story. To begin, this position will have one direct report and will have the opportunity to continue to grow the team over time.
- Develop, drive, and scale PR/Media strategy: Deliver the right volume and mix of press releases and bylines to ensure timely, consistent coverage for the ZoomInfo brand
- Write and edit pitches, briefings, press releases, messaging materials, and more
- Manage external agencies: Ensure external PR agencies are hitting critical KPIs on a monthly basis - assess regularly
- Create and maintain a PR calendar
- Track and Influence Media Coverage: Set goals around reach/virality of media coverage and ensure expected performance
- Manage press briefings/events: Meet with influential members of the press to increase awareness/solidify leadership position of ZoomInfo
- Develop strong relationships with leading members of the press: Increase awareness of ZoomInfo offerings and vision to secure coverage
- Manage brand reputation: Be consistently on the lookout for negative press and/or sensitive issues to manage brand reputation.
- Develop and refine a crisis communications plan
- Awards applications/management: Prioritize and manage all applications for awards and certifications
- Develop and drive the AR strategy and deliverables
- Partner with executive and senior leadership teams to understand the current state and vision of ZoomInfos product offerings
- Host analyst briefings, conduct interviews and respond to inquiries to manage the perception and presentation of ZoomInfo offerings in the analyst community
- Facilitate connections between senior leadership, customers, and influential analysts
- Support internal stakeholders with messaging and materials for analyst engagements
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our competitive landscape
- Establish and maintain ZoomInfos status as a market leader in analyst rankings and reports
- Develop strong relationships with leading analysts in our space
- Manage all analyst contracts and ensure ZoomInfo leverages all included benefits
- Drive awareness and adoption of new/influential reports across Sales and Marketing
Skills & Requirements:
- 7-10 years of professional experience in AR, PR, agency/journalism or related field
- At least 2 years of people/team management experience
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience building robust AR and PR programs with measurable results
- Ability to effectively communicate the value of technology and/or complex data regardless of the channel/tactic/media
- Strategic thinker with the tactical skills to execute on ideas
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to turn projects around quickly
- Growth mindset with a willingness to receive and provide feedback to improve copy, media strategy, and positioning
- Well-organized with excellent planning and project management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Team-oriented disposition and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate and own cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires quick adjustments and re-calibration of priorities when business needs change
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, journalism, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability and protected veterans status or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
More Jobs From