Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
R&D Business Consulting at Veeva is a unique group, fuses strategy and operations with data and technology. Further growing our R&D business consulting practice is a strategic priority for Veeva, with high visibility within the company and to leaders of the wider Life Sciences industry.
As a Principal working within a company at the forefront of digital innovation in Life Sciences, you will help grow our practice in the US. The focus will be on building our brand in the market, developing our customer network, and identifying and acquiring new projects to support our customers to deliver on their most complex business challenges.
What Youll Do
- Lead business development opportunities identify and generate new project opportunities, clarify customers challenges and needs, be able to develop a compelling, differentiated proposal to solve these issues, and win new work in the drug safety and pharmacovigilance space
- Leverage your network to identify opportunities and develop our business and build new relationships
- Be the R&D consulting lead on one (or more) of our top enterprise accounts
- Build strong and trusted relationships with customers, serving as the primary contact for strategic and tactical questions
- Support in the creation of new campaigns, offerings, and thought leadership that differentiate R&D business consulting in the market
- Lead multiple project engagement teams empowering the team to plan and manage all aspects of delivery, from scope to quality assurance
- Significant management and R&D/Safety consulting experience (at least 10+ years)
- Experience in the Life Sciences, particularly in the drug safety operations area
- Extensive network of relevant stakeholders within leadership positions in Top 20 Life Sciences companies
- Credibility and experience in operating and engaging at senior levels with key Life Sciences customers
- Proven track record of developing new, high-value/impact, customer engagements
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing digital transformation and R&D innovation/improvement programs
- Deep understanding of the entire R&D value chain, with a focus on pharmacovigilance
Nice to Have
- Experience with digital technologies platforms, analytics tools, apps, emerging tech, etc.
- Good understanding of Veevas broader platforms and solutions, and how these can be leveraged and enhanced by R&D business consulting services
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
- Veeva certified on any of our relevant R&D products
Perks & Benefits
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for rapid progression
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. For US compensation ranges click here.