Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Commercial Analytics team is focused on supporting our customers through the design and delivery of solutions for the core business issues faced by todays commercial organizations. The role of the Commercial Analytics Senior Consultant is to help identify the source of the business issues faced, and leverage industry data and analytics to deliver solutions based on how these components drive successful business outcomes. These include focusing on business processes like HCP segmentation and targeting, incentive compensation, industry benchmarking, field KPIs, and commercial performance. Ultimately, building critical customer relationships within the Commercial Business of our customers.
The majority of your time will be spent overseeing client engagement teams and working with clients to deliver data/analytics-driven consulting engagements. You should have a strong subject matter understanding of the sales and sales/commercial operations processes, tools, and supporting the sales and brand strategies. In addition, you have a strong understanding of industry data and analytics that drive insight and decision making. Lastly, you have a strong consulting background to serve as the lead resource leading projects and overseeing engagement teams. Typical projects will include industry analytics for field assessments, KPI definition, segmentation, targeting, incentive compensation, & digital maturity models, etc.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva with the requirement that candidates live on the East Coast in order to meet requirements to be at customer(s) site(s) as required.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Oversee execution of delivery teams in leveraging data and analytics for solution recommendations and advisory for our clients for programs regarding HCP Segmentation & Targeting, Incentive Compensation, and Field KPI definition
- Manage business development cycles for new projects and add on engagements
- Serve as a key subject matter expert for methodology and approaches to solutions
- Establish and own relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels within the commercial organization
- Be accountable for program delivery ensuring progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate the ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Possess good business acumen
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- 8+ years of experience with the Pharmaceutical industry
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry commercial processes - specifically Segmentation, Targeting, and Commercial Analytics
- Strong understanding of how different data sets are used to make key commercial decisions including field force sizing, incentive compensation, and go to market strategies
- Strong track record of experience owning client advisory engagements
- Core management consulting skills, including workshop facilitation, client presentations, project management, and ability to develop structured approaches/methodologies to business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel roughly 40% but this can vary depending on engagement (Currently no travel due to COVID-19)
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.