iRobot Corporation, with a mission of empowering people to do more, is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the worlds preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots.
iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
What you will do:
As a part of our team, you will work under guidance of the Automation Test Manager, to plan, design, develop and support automation fixtures, policies, procedures and software that will be used to automate and streamline both repetitive and custom tests.
Working together with the the team and the leadership, you will be responsible for creating technological plan for the future of the group.
You will be responsible for identifying best cost/performance platforms and technologies, interface with suppliers and deliver the final product to the team that will be using it, as well as providing continuous support for the existing fixtures. You will be working with project teams to identify needs.
You should possess enough technical depth to support troubleshooting of complex cross functional problems and document findings.
Also, you will develop and maintain software architecture for the core tests functionality.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Develop the technical vision for the automation group.
- Be a strong advocate for Software and controls industry best practices.
- Develop automated test architectures that are scalable, reusable, and sustainable.
- Quickly prototype proof of concept tests for further development.
- Planning deployment and testing locally and remotely.
- Masters of Science in Computer Science Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- Up to 7-10 years of experience in Industrial automation software or orchestration/controls programming.
- Knowledge of C#, Python, and industry standard industrial automation software
- Understanding of robotics motion and motor control
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Experience working cross functional teams.
- You take pride in your work and strive to create robust experience in working on large and/or complex code environments
In Return You Can Expect:
iRobot is a highly technical environment that moves extremely fast and the Automation team is no exception to that. The team is in high demand, which has us constantly looking for new and better ways to achieve our goals. There is also a strong sense of team within the department, which makes for a fun and rewarding experience every day.